On March 9, 2023, I had the pleasure of moderating a discussion panel with some colleagues from Toronto Metropolitan University who have been leading new open educational resource projects. This was part of our Open Education Week at TMU.
This was an excellent opportunity to learn more about OER projects at TMU and to explore some of the challenges that universities face with the development of their own OERs. We had a lengthy discussion about the motivations for developing open publications, the technologies used, and the ways that universities can promote this work.
The panel included:
- Cynthia Holmes, Associate Dean, Faculty and Academic, Ted Rogers School of Management
- Megan Omstead, Graduate Program Coordinator, School of Nutrition
- Nadia Prendergast, Assistant Professor, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
Links to OERs discussed on the panel:
- Omstead, Megan. Preparation for Dietetic Practice: Clinical Nutrition Modules
- Kheraj, Sean and Thomas Peace. Open History Seminar: Canadian History
- Prendergast, Nadia. An Introduction to Anti-Racism for the Nursing Professional: A Focus on Anti-Black Racism