On Thursday, November 15, 2018, the Department of History at York University held a teaching and learning event titled, “Making a New Canadian History Textbook: How to Use Open Educational Resources to Teach History.” I gave a short presentation about my work with Tom Peace and eCampus Ontario to produce a new open textbook for undergraduate Canadian history courses called,Â Open History Seminar: Canadian History.
Here are some links to the resources that I referenced in my presentation:
- Open History Seminar: Canadian History
- eCampus Ontario
- Belshaw, John Douglas. Canadian History: Pre-Confederation. Vancouver: BC Open Textbook Project, 2015.
- Belshaw, John Douglas. Canadian History: Post-Confederation. Vancouver: BC Open Textbook Project, 2016.
- Podcast: Gettin’ Air with Terry Greene
- The Design Sprint
- Sean Kheraj, “What is Open? History and Open Education Resources”Â ActiveHistory.ca, 16 August 2018.
- eCampus Ontario Open Textbook Library
- BC Campus Open Textbook Collection